Making MOR of mealtimes
Whether you like them with chips, with a Yorkshire pudding, drowning in gravy or tucked in a bap, call them bangers or wieners – sausages are a favourite the world over.
Inspirational food brand, MOR, have taken people’s love for sausages and given them a fresh twist by adding a unique combination of fresh flavours, high-quality ingredients and spices.
Inspired by flavours from cultures around the world, MOR offer a wide range of succulent sausages made with British meat including, beef, pork or chicken. Taste combinations include: Moroccan spiced pork, cauliflower & chickpea; Mediterranean chicken with sundried tomato & basil; pork with super green veg & lentil and pork with beetroot & bramley apple.
Not only do MOR sausages taste great, but because their addition of pulses, grains and vegetables, the fat content is significantly reduced too – a bonus for those that love the taste of sausages but want to watch their waistline! Gluten, wheat and dairy-free options are also available too.
MOR have come up with two delicious new recipes to help showcase these unique sausage flavours:
- Me-Time Gnocchi
Cost per serving: £2.39
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 pack MOR Mediterranean Chicken, Sundried Tomato & Basil Chipolatas
200g frozen spinach, or 125g of fresh spinach
1 x 500g packet chilled gnocchi
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
125g mascarpone or cream cheese
2-3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
Salt and black pepper
- Grill the chipolatas as per pack instructions until they’re a nice, even colour. Once cooked pop them into an oven proof serving dish.
- Place the frozen spinach (or fresh if you’d prefer) together with the tinned tomatoes into a pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Next add the mascarpone and heat until bubbling. Stir in a handful of the fresh basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the gnocchi for a speedy 4 minutes. Drain the water away and stir the gnocchi into the creamy sauce.
- Finally pour the whole mixture over the sausages and sprinkle over the parmesan. Serve immediately.
- Sizzling Shakshuka
1 pack MOR Moroccan Spiced Pork, Cauliflower & Chickpea Sausages
2 tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
1 green pepper, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander
- Begin by grilling the sausages as per pack instructions, until deliciously golden brown.
- While the sausages are cooking, take a large sauté pan, drizzle with oil and fry the peppers and onion for 6 to 7 minutes (until they’ve softened nicely).
- Add the crushed garlic and spices and cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until bubbling. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take the cooked sausages and place them in the sauce, leaving space between them. Now crack an egg between each sausage. Scatter over the tomato wedges.
- Cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes, making sure to baste the eggs with some of the tomato juice. If you’d rather, just cover the pan with a lid and finish cooking the dish in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes.
- To finish, sprinkle over the herbs – then tuck in.
Here’s what some MOR sausages eaters have to say…
“Loved my MOR sausages, they stole the show at dinnertime and I didn’t feel guilty after eating them due to the low-fat content, would definitely recommend!”
“My MOR sausages made for a hearty and comforting meal option, perfect for the chilly winter months.”
“The Moroccan Spiced Pork, Cauliflower & Chickpea sausages were fantastic. I was sceptical about the infusion of Moroccan spices along with the cauliflower and chickpeas, but it made for a tasty meal for all the family. The fact they are gluten, wheat and dairy-free is a bonus, too!”
“The MOR Beetroot and Apple Sausages were truly delicious. The sausages were different to any other sausage I’ve had, with a lovely mix of apple and beetroot flavours and a hint of sweetness, they were a wonderful addition to my brunch wrap. The best part about these sausages is that they weren’t too greasy and tasted like they had good quality ingredients in them!”
“I really enjoyed the MOR sausages, they were something different to the usual sausages you can buy in the supermarket. I think the flavours are really unique too!”
To find out more about MOR sausages and the flavours available, visit: www.morfood.co.uk